The Milani villa was built in the 16th century and keeps intact the characteristics of the enchanting Tuscan Padronali Villas. Surrounded by its garden of splendid ancient oaks, the villa feeds on its history that shines through the furnishings, the paintings, the spacious rooms and its rustic fireplaces.
At the beginning of 1900, it hosted the rich Milani family and here, the young Lorenzo Milani, discovered his vocation in the small chapel of 1200 dedicated to St. Henry still present and can be visited in the village of Gigliola. This illumination led him to a conversion, thus beginning his journey as a priest. Don Milani soon became the champion of the poor people and the working class, creating a school for the children of the poor. His commitment and dedication make this priest one of the most human figures in the Church.
The villa consists of two floors. On the ground floor there are three splendid halls with sofas, armchairs, paintings and chandeliers of rare beauty. A dining room with a huge fireplace and an ancient kitchen carefully restored and equipped with all comforts. Also on the ground floor there is a large double bedroom with bathroom, flat screen TV, WiFi and a terrace. Upstairs the Villa has a charming billiard room where you can distract with friends with a table and professional bars. Blue Room is a romantic double room with a flat-screen TV, WiFi, a bathroom with a shower and a bathtub. Red room is a spacious triple room with flat screen TV, WIFI, bathroom with tub shower. Green room is also a triple room with flat screen TV, WIFI, bathroom with tub shower. The wonderful central double room with its fine decorations, its intimate poetry and a view of the Tuscan hills to take your breath away. Also this room is equipped with flat screen TV, WIFI, bathroom with shower in the bath and finally two singles that can become doubles if necessary.
Villa Milani also has a private swimming pool, a tennis court and a bowling alley.